Saturday, March 13, 2010

Colorful projects

So last night I decided it was time to take some of my projects and get crack-a-lackin on them. After purchasing enough paint to give the majority of things needed a facelift....it was time to start. Let me tell you I am not afraid of color either. I love bright bold interiors.

I have this theory that each item in your wardrobe should stand out or speak to you in some way so that when you put all the pieces together the end up being something amazing. Well I feel that same way with your home. If you do not love it or put your own personal touch on it then it becomes more cookie cutter and less personal.

This is why I love giving old beat up pieces new life, and add a bit of whimsy to them.

First project:

THE CHAIR
-BEFORE-




So when I saw this chair I knew that it needed some love great frame, great structure and I love the harp. When I saw this I knew that the harp had to be accented with a mettalic and the seat and frame would have to be in the purple family. Here is the result.

AFTER



My next project was this massive 1 1/2 ft tall candlestick that I found walking home one day. It was sitting on the sidewalk for free that is one of my favorite things about living in Portland, all the little treasures you find.
BEFORE



Bright was the best option to make this dingy candlestick come to life, and come to life did it!

AFTER

Those are all the project photos I have for you now but just wait there will definitely be more up tomorrow. In the meantime check out some pics from my garden project.

My first lettuce seedling!!! So excited!

And some flowers in my garden area!


No comments: