Monday, March 8, 2010

Inspired by this..

This week has been another crazy week, my sister and I keep happening to come across stuff that we could take and upcycle or recombinate into something wonderful. I now have a dozen chairs to refinish. A dozen+ pillows to create. Two tables to refinish. A nigh stand to repaint. Ten more journals to finish. 8 candlesticks to redo etc.

On top of that I always am creating a Van Gogh reproduction for my brother and sis-in-law which I will post pics of as I go along.

I think my favorite thing is that when I have so much to do you can either to choose to get overwhelmed or you can just dive right in and see what you can do with all these amazing finds.

Well it is time to start diving because I got a lot of work to take care of.

Apart from that I have been feeling very inspired this week, so here are a few of the things that inspire me.

Gardening


I have always been scared in the past that I wouldn't succeed at gardening, creating a garden, etc. But there are no successes without failures, right? So I decided that I would grow tomatoes, mesculin and romaine lettuce, broccoli, strawberries, asparagus, potatoes, onions and dill. I will happy to see how they turn out, and if they do the beauty is how much money you save just from creating your own garden.


BOOKS


Another ingenious way to use books to create an amazing floating bookshelf. I am so going to create one of these once I get my 800 other projects finished.

CRAFT SPACES



This is the kind of creative area I hope to have at some point so colorful and inspiring. It makes me so excited...don't get me wrong, I love what I have now just everything could always be improved upon.

On a side note I would like to thank Dolce & Gabbana for showing that long johns are acceptable to wear as pants and to confirm that I was ahead of the trend.




My Version:





That is all for now but stay tuned for more great posts on the way I will try and post more regularly now that things have slowed down, and I have umpteen million projects to do.

Thanks for reading my blamblings (blog ramblings) and time to take a break from Matrix backbends and do more crafting!



TTFN! :)

3 comments:

MsChaCha said...

yay!! loves it that you posted the picture i took of you!!!

its an amazing back bend dance! imma have to try it but afraid ill break my back. lol

bencurtis said...

Be careful...I totally needed a walker the next day lol!! I am following your blog now!

courtney jade said...

LOL! I love it!!! Love the long johns find, you've been sporting those for years now!

So excited to see your creations! I have a new blogfind for you to check out... you'll LOVE this one :)