Saturday, March 13, 2010

What I've Been Up To




Okay..so you all know what Ben has been up to, but I figured I'd give you all a little sneek peak into our home, where the magic happens. So far, I have pictures of my room, the bathroom, the living room, and the master at work in our garage, which was recently cleaned up.

In my room, I decided to make a picture gallery wall of random pictures I had..take a look and see what you think... I have taken a kind of Scandinavian approach to the decor of this room, and my pictures on the gallery wall are from all over the place. I have always wanted a wall filled with random things. The pictures are purposely off-angled, and I broke up the ones that are part of a set. I think it makes it much more interesting. And, I really love all of these pictures. I make a rule never to put anything up I don't love. I also have a cuckoo clock from Germany and a water-color painting from Sicily in my room. The bookcase was made by my father, and I also have a hope chest passed to me from my mom.



In the bathroom I took a slightly different decorative approach, definitley French, with the black, white and red decor. I have thrown in a bit of apple green, just for a different effect. I also have a smaller gallery of pictures that I have collected from random places. I just love them all! One thing I love that I don't have a picture of is a mirrored vanity tray, hung on the wall. I love to be surrounded with things that make me happy!



The last room of the tour is the living area. This is definitely more contemporary, but to off-set the coldness of the leather and the monochromatic colors, I add spots of color, and many pillows and blankets crafted of warm fabrics. The picture of Paris is by far my favorite, but I love the cowhide too. All of my furniture here is super-light, so I can move it myself. My favorite thing about the ottoman is that it has four cubbies to hide all sorts of things, and the tops flip over for trays to eat on. Perfect! I have two sitting areas in the front room, and Ben sleeps on a daybed out there too, but we will not photograph that for privacy sake. I hope you have enjoyed my little tour.




Oh, and one last picture of Ben in the garage, making his magic.

No comments: