Monday, August 30, 2010

Struck by lightning


So I have been on an interesting path these last few months. I have been consistently searching for full time work or a guarantee of a certain amount of hours. Which has been kind of a challenge to find. I had two interviews this last month and both doors were shut in my face, when I believed I was well over qualified for the positions.

I said to my sister yesterday.

"I am going to get struck by lightning before I get a full time job." This is literally how I have been feeling as of late. I have not been feeling discouraged, well let's be honest that is a lie,, and sometimes a little hopeless. I sometimes think that when you constantly are getting doors shut in your face it is up to you to find that open window, and climb through and see where the universe may lead you.

I called my friend Jalissa yesterday, who is moving here in a month and a half. She says to me, "You don't sound as happy and inspired as you were after Lady Gaga. Dude you gotta be creative."

I said back to her, "maybe the universe is trying to push me in a direction that I am pushing against. I just need to no longer be fearful of failure and let go and see where this endeavor takes me."

She says back, "Duh. That is what I have been telling you."

The thing is that multiple people have been telling me that I need to create my own business. And people from all over the spectrum. Sometimes you gotta know that when all signs point to go, you gotta go for it and this is what I gotta do. It will be a means to an end of insanity and will make me feel a bit more fulfilled knowing that I am doing something that is 100% me.

On that note, I am going to spin in a different direction. Here are some things that I love, admire, want or are inspired by. My taste is so all over the place, I don't even know what you would really call it.

My sister is in the process of trying to sell her car, and with Jalissa's arrival soon here. I want to be able to save up some money to get a van. Not just any van one that I could paint murals on and be creative with. I don't like cookie cutter, have never really fit in a mold, and feel that if I own something I want it to have my mark on it, because that makes it more special.

This is an inspiration of the van, I want. I know I am totally becoming a hippie and if you would of asked me a year ago, I would of thought this was hideous. I just want to be able to find my van easily, if I am in a large parking lot and I know that will not be a problem, with something like this.

The next piece is something I want in my wardrobe. This is an amazing basic I found on etsy for an amazing price. $29.95. Something budget conscious and fashionable for men??? I am in heaven. Here is their etsy shop where you can find more fun stuff. Oh and Christmas is right around the corner...so a great gift idea! (I am a size L)

Talk about eclectic, I love the photo of this room below, and once I become a retiree, I think I shall have this in my home. The print is amazing. See I told you I was eclectic and a little unique with my taste. Maybe I am a refined bohemian artist?


This is basically just the most amazing, office chair I have ever seen and best part is that it was 100 percent refurbished. From trash to treasure. I think I need pillows like this for Jalissa's fort bedroom.

And last but not least Alice in Wonderland, you are amazing. I want a house built form the ground up inspired by your work one day. I found this on etsy also. I think it would be wonderful in a photo montage in a bathroom.
The whole point of this blog is that, I will be creating and it starts tomorrow. This weekend I will be selling some of my furniture. They will most likely go on craigslist. So it is time to create, to be free and see where my mind will take me. I believe it is time to quit fighting against the current and float through the river of creativity and see where it takes me.



<span class=

3 comments:

wachawachawant said...

I feel like this is constantly happening to me! It's refreshing to see you lay it out and then make an action plan... and the action plan starts tomorrow!!! Good luck with it, Ben. I know you will do something amazing!

courtney jade said...

YES!!!!!!!!!!!! It's about time you got bit by the creative bug again!! You are always your happiest when you are creating, and when you aren't, I can tell the light is just out in your candle. I love you.

Also, I LOVE that sweater!!! I want to buy Mark one because it actually looks long enough to fit him, but the shop seems to be empty now? :(

Jalissa said...

i just now read this but wow your phone took such a better picture of the van! i'm impressed. i love that you're becoming a hippie and i love knowing that we're going to create so many beautiful things in our beautiful home and upcoming life, i'm so anxious for the weeks to pass!
soul twin i tell ya, i don't know if you remember but i had that quote greeting card framed in my apartment in hw. now it's on the first page of my joural. ahhh i love you.

p.s. you just made me realize how much i need to work on no longer saying dude or duh, so unintelligent sounding ahh haha<3