Wednesday, September 15, 2010

And so it begins..

Well life has officially gone from 0 to 90 in the last couple weeks. I started school on September 2nd. I am going to Academy of Art University Online to complete my Bachelor's degree in Fashion Design. I feel some days like I am on a ten year plan to complete a Bachelor's degree, but the beauty is I have found a school and a program, that inspire me in every way in school and outside of school.

Inspired is the word I would use to describe this month so far. I have only had two class sessions for each class, but each class covers so much. It will touch on certain artists that peak my interest. Then I learn more from the class then the class even gives me.

I have found that life is taking me in a million different directions. I would describe myself as a taffy pull, pulled in all different directions, but if not left taught will collapse, I believe that I thrive off of this kind of living. So my life from this day forward will be all about creating, expanding improving my knowledge of the industry, I am working in and the projects I am working on. I thought that I will post some of my favorite work on here. So you can see where I am going in my studies, and making this another outlet for all areas of my life.

This now not just about my business, but my life and what continues, to create inspiration in my life. I hope that the inspiration I have will grip some of you in the future.

Here are two sketches that I had to do for my sketchbook

This second one is of my garden. I really like how the leaves of the green bean vines really take on their own life.


Speaking of gardens, I never ever let anyone know the progress of my garden. I ended up growing broccoli, tons and tons of lettuce from seed, collard greens, green beans and tomatoes. Am still waiting on my pumpkin and squash to show me some love.

Here is a picture of my real garden area. The sketch above references the sketch I did.



And last but not least, is a piece of garden art I created from an old window out of the house I grew up in when I was a child. My grandma had it and gave it back to my sister and I so figured why not take something drab and make it fab. I love the brightness it adds to the grey days here in Portland.






1 comment:

Jalissa said...

beautiful my love.
i'm glad you found YOU and your inspiration once again :)